- Cancellation policy: The client may cancel his/her car hire reservation with company up to 7 days before arrival. The client will only lose the €50 deposit charged when the booking was made. If the client cancels after the 7-day period he/she will lose 50% of the total rental due.
- Valletta Entry: There is a charge to enter our capital city. The charge will be sent to the company by the local authorities approximately two months after your entry. The client’s card will be charged accordingly. Additional administration charges may apply.
- Traffic contraventions: Unless the client pays for these whilst in Malta and sends a copy of the receipt to the car hire company, his/her card will be charged accordingly. An administration charge may apply.
- There will be a charge of €10 for every 15 minutes for the late return of the car at the agreed time.
- There will be a charge ranging from €10 to €50 if excessive dirt, sand, wet seats, suntan oils, spilt liquids, melted sweets etc. left in the car
- Unless car accidents / damages are reported to the car hire company along with a copy of the client’s driving license and a police / warden’s report, the insurance coverage is considered as null, and the client will be liable to pay for all the damages and loss of use of the car. The vehicle must not be moved when an accident occurs.
- The client will be held responsible to pay for any damages occurring to the car if personal belongings are stolen from the car.
- The vehicle may only be used on tarmacked roads.
- The vehicle can only be used in Malta and Gozo.
- Call out for breakdowns due to negligence on part of the client will carry a €35 charge.
- Only approved drivers named on the car hire contract are insured to drive the vehicle. The Hirer will be responsible for any damages if he / she allows an unauthorized person to drive the vehicle.
- The Company will replace any punctured tires. The client is responsible to change the puncture. If help is requested to change the puncture, a charge of €35 will apply.
- If the wrong type of fuel is put in the car, the client will be responsible to pay for the damages to repair the car as well as the loss of use of the vehicle whilst its being repaired .
- Our Fuel Policy is as follows : Half to Empty. This means that you will be charged for half a tank of petrol . This way you do not have to take the trouble of refilling the car when you return it. (This applies for car rentals of 3 days +. )Groups A, B and BA cars require 29 Euros Groups C, F, and G require 39 Euros,Groups D, E require 45 euro, Group P cars require 50 Euros. Kindly note that fuel charges are inclusive of VAT and are NOT REFUNDABLE.
*client: driver and / or credit card holder paying for the rental
*company: Swift Car Hire ltd